Hello from Jamaica

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself and my research on CECHR sphere – a site that I am very excited to be part of.

My name is Jade and I am based within the Geography Department at University of Dundee. I am a PhD candidate studying Jamaican street-connected young people’s experiences, resilience and relational networks particularly during natural disasters including flooding and hurricanes. My methods are mainly participatory including mapping, photography, interviews and ethnography. My work is based within St Andrews parish and the capital, Kingston. Fieldwork began 8 weeks and I intend on staying here until April 2014.

Over the coming months I hope to update you on my activities and experiences, during one of the most exciting times of my life.  It would additionally be great to hear any of your feedback or recommendations also as working with young people in an ever changing environment is already providing unforeseen challenges and opportunities.

Sending you best wishes and sunshine from the Caribbean,
Jade

Sunset in Bull Bay, St Andrews Parish

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , on by .

About j.r.catterson

A PhD candidate studying within the geography department in the School of Environment at University of Dundee. I am a social geographer with keen interests in street-connected young people, family relationships and disaster management and risk reduction. At present, I am conducting my fieldwork in St Andrews parish and Kingston, Jamaica. Previously studied MSc in Applied Population and Welfare Geography also at the University of Dundee.