Students

What the students say …

Lada Wilson 2014

Lada Wilson 2014

I recently graduated with a BA Hons in Fine Art from DJCAD, University of Dundee and felt that continuing on to Masters level at a familiar institution would be a good way to further develop my curatorial skills. The MFA Art, Society & Publics course has given me the opportunity and time to focus on how to be an artist–curator. It has provided a fantastic array of teaching — ranging from seminars with a broad range of art practitioners from both within and outside the university to workshops with guest lecturers, film screenings, lectures, conferences and much more. Also, it is good to have access to the studio facilities and to the resources of DJCAD. The structure of the course is very accommodating and provides the space needed by each student to follow their own postgraduate artistic development. It is very rich in content and very intense. I would recommend following the course full time (September to the following August) to anyone who has a clear project in mind but is also open to exploring new artistic ideas within guided, set deadlines.

Emil Thompson, Part-Time student

As a mature student with family and work commitments I was really pleased to find a course that could accommodate my lifestyle needs whilst still providing a high level of educational engagement. Spending two full days per week in a tutored environment I am both afforded a solid learning structure and the flexibility to pursue my own areas of study at my own speed. A continually changing roster of visiting lecturers and practitioners provides a stimulating and eclectic mix of theoretical and practical learning experiences. These weekly seminars are something I personally look forward to very much as they never fail to stimulate and inform my own areas of contextual study, they also play a pivotal role in the sharing and dissemination of ideas and practices within the group as a whole. Another great benefit of the part-time MFA ASP course is the provision of a studio space and access to the University’s extensive technical and academic facilities for an extended period of time. I would recommend this mode of study to anyone who feels motivated enough to research their own ideas within a supportive academic environment.