Meet ...

Babajide Ogundeji, Recruitment Officer for West Africa

Who are you? Babajide Ogundeji

Where are you from? Nigeria

Where do you live? Lagos, Nigeria

Your role at the University? Assists with student recruitment activities in the West Africa region

What do you do at work?  Daily interaction with potential students and parents via email, phone and physical interaction. I offer expert advice and guidance on application and visa procedures. I also attend many education fairs in the region. It is also my job to develop and execute marketing plan for the region and to provide market intelligence on competitors activities

What gives you satisfaction? A good day at work or with my family

What challenges do you face and how do you deal with them? How to improve daily in all endeavors. I manage to do this by studying other peoples’ successful strategies

What do you do outside of work? I am a Pastor! I pastor a parish of one of the biggest Pentecostal churches in the world- RCCG (Redeemed Christian Church of God)

Tell us something we don’t know about you? I am married and have two lovely children, a boy and a girl named Israel (4 years old) and Simi (2 years old)

Why Dundee? The quality and international prestige of the University matches my career goal

• Paper or Digital? Digital
  • Tea or Coffee? Tea
  • Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
  • Pen or Pencil? Pen
  • Morning or Afternoon? Morning
  • Phone or Email?  Email
  • English or Maths? English…obviously
  • Books or Films? Books

University of Dundee campus hotspot? The Human Anatomy labs at CAHID!! Where corpses are preserved for teaching and learning! (Am I a little weird?)

Someone at the University who inspires you? Wendy Alexander, have looked up to her ever since our first meeting in Lagos

How would you describe the University to someone who doesn’t know the institution/city? Beautiful city, beautiful Dundee! Quite romantic with the sea view!