Meet ...

Feso Bright - Deputy Chief Planning Officer in The National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS)

Feso Bright is an alum of our International Oil & Gas Management degree and the lead organiser of the International CEPMLP Reunion which will be held next month in Dundee. We caught up with him to ask him about his memories of Dundee and why he is encouraging other alumni to come back for the Reunion.

How did you find out about the University of Dundee and how would you describe your time studying in Dundee?

I first found out about the University of Dundee in 2007 when searching online for a UK speciality MBA whilst I was working as a banker. Studying in Dundee was a breath of fresh air. I found the city small and cosy as I was in close proximity to everything that I need to function socially and to study hard.

What has your University of Dundee degree given you, and how has studying here prepared you for life after graduation.

My MBA International Oil and Gas Management has given me access to a world I could only dream of. This is not because I have achieved the lofty career heights I desired, but because the MBA gave me a foot in the door of the oil and gas industry – and boy did I stick that foot in! As a banker with just a BSc in Economics, I previously had very little hope of making a transition into the oil and gas industry. Now I have direct access to hundreds of oil and gas, energy and industry professionals locally and internationally.

Why are you coming back to Dundee this June?

This is where it all started. My first pay check after graduation came from a classmate on the MBA programme! I believe strongly that, while local networks have great local value, our international network has tremendous international benefit in our globalised energy industries. I am coming back to Dundee to connect with old mates and establish new relationships. Many of us alumni chat on WhatsApp but we will now have the opportunity to interact directly over the dinner dance, the city tour, the drinks reception as well as the formal seminar.

Why should alumni of CEPMLP come to the International Reunion?

Alumni of CEPMLP would come to the International Reunion to reconnect with their roots. Many alumni are successful and have the opportunity to share success stories with others. They will have the unique face-to-face opportunity to benefit from the collective alumni knowledge and experience. There will be camaraderie, interconnectivity, quality social interaction and intellectual collaboration. The reunion is the perfect launch-pad for ensuring that CEPMLP alumni ‘Made in Dundee’ take our industry relevance to the highest level!

Why is it important to be connected with your university and fellow alumni after graduation?

An African proverb reads: “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go with others”. A Chinese proverb also reads: “If you want one year of prosperity, grow grain. If you want 10 years of prosperity, grow trees. If you want 100 years of prosperity, grow people”. Therefore my conclusion is simple: Because alumni network matter – especially to boost your career. Let’s get reintegrated. Be at the #CEPMLPREUNON this June.