Summer is always a time of celebration here on campus with graduation and prize giving.

Over the past few weeks we have been celebrating the successes and achievements of our graduating students. 

It doesn’t seem like a year since we were doing the same with the Class of 2016.

Here’s our chance to catch up with them and see how they’re getting on.

“After graduating I went on to exhibit my work in London at New Designers. It was a hugely beneficial experience and a very successful one as it was very good for networking and I made lots of great contacts within the industry. They also gave me the confidence to set up my own interior textile business ‘Emilie Georgia’. My biggest achievement within one year of graduating was definitely when John Lewis took on a range of Emilie Georgia wall art prints which are now selling online and in-stores at John Lewis, with more lines to launch in the near future.

It’s been an amazing year with lots of new challenges, but it makes it all worthwhile when people purchase my designs and give positive feedback.”

Emelie Dodds

Textile Design

“I am one of the 10 trainees (from 2000 applicants!) working at the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) as a Financial Trainee, in Stockholm. The experience has been amazing so far. It’s a lot to learn and I am lucky to work with incredibly smart and diverse colleagues and great supervisors. I have been developing a lot of skills that will allow me to pursue a career in the EU in the future. I plan to work here until the end of the year and keep my eyes open for the next opportunity, whether in Europe or anywhere else in the world.”

Martinho Cambinda

International Business

“One year on from graduation I have landed myself an excellent graduate placement with Dundee City Council. I’m based in the City Development team – helping to create a greener city! I have loads of events and trips to look forward to this coming year. Crazy to think it’s been a year since graduating.”

Rebecca Wallace

Digital Interaction Design

Did you graduate in 2016? Want to add to our story? Then email alumni@dundee.ac.uk