Groeten uit Nederland

or, ‘hi from The Netherlands’!

My name’s Natasha and for the past year or so I’ve been living a double life – software developer by day, medical school applicant by night. On the one hand running like a hamster on a wheel trying to meet deadlines at work, and on the other preparing for the UKCAT and more recently, packing up my old life in The Netherlands and finding a place to live in Dundee.

Finally I find myself with just a week left to work and only 10 days until I move to Scotland, complete with a piano, more books than I can count and most importantly of all, my 3 cats. After 13 years living below sea level in the flattest, most built up part of The Netherlands, I’m looking forward to experiencing the wilds of Scotland, although the prospect of struggling back uphill on my way home from lectures is somewhat daunting.  On the bright side, when I’m running late in the mornings, it’s downhill all the way!

As well throwing myself back into full time study, I’m excited about experiencing all that university life has to offer.  Well, I won’t be out partying every night, that was never my scene, but I’ve already discovered more clubs and activities that I can possibly fit into my schedule! Between singing, photography, triathlon, setting up a vegetable garden, and of course my degree, I think I’ll have more than enough to keep me busy.

Natasha is from the UK, but has been working as a software developer in The Netherlands for the past 13 years. She's moving to Dundee on a permanent basis with her 3 cats, and is going to be studying Medicine.