First week

• 10 September 2013, 09:33
  • 2 Comments

Hi guys,

I’ve been planning to write this post for a few days now but things just kept popping up.  It’s been a very eventful week. As you will soon notice, I will completely ignore Freshers’ week because if you’re here you know how it is and if you’re not here you should really find out for yourself. No spoilers! I will say this though, a good coffee machine is key to surviving Freshers’ week. It will be very handy even if you don’t plan to party (which is very unlikely). Think of it this way, even if you don’t party others will and then of course there are fire alarms too. Trust me, you’ll need coffee. This little guy arrived on last Wednesday and made me very happy. His name is Frodo and he makes the best coffee in the world!!

IMG_20130904_184234

My lectures started last Thursday and I handed in my first assignment on Monday. However, I’ll write more about that next time. Today I’d like to focus more on the social aspects of the past week.

On Saturday we finally had Freshers’ Fair. This was the event I was most looking forward to. I had a rough idea what societies I wanted to join, however I was totally unprepared or too enthusiastic. I ended up putting my name down for 6 societies which I think might be a bit much, but I don’t really want to give up on any, so I guess I’ll just have to do my best to make it work! After all I’ve always preferred stress over boredom. I’m yet to add them all to my academic planner, so I’ll let you know how that worked out!

This has also been a week of flatmate bonding, tea parties, coffee and a movie nights, and of course pub quizzes. I absolutely love pub quiz nights, maybe a bit too much for my own good, but having flatmates who are willing to participate has been awesome. Even though we’re not that good, especially when it comes down to British history or sport. So if any of you is good at British history or sport we’d love to have you! XD