Settling in

• 4 September 2016, 07:24
  • 2 Comments

HI THERE

thumbnail_Screenshot_2016-09-04-19-19-55

My name is Ine, and I am a 22 year old girl from Norway. I will be participating at the LLM program in International Criminal Justice & Human Rights at the University of Dundee. This will be my fifth year as a law student, and I am so excited for the opportunity to (hopefully) achieve my masters degree here in Dundee.

When preparing for such a long trip, there was naturally a lot of frustration and questions in the process. Luckily, I experienced both my home university staff, and the UoD-staff to be very helpful about any queries I had.

I arrived late at the 2th of September, and after a little delayed flight and a very missed train, I finally got made it to my new home (room) for the next year at The Old Mill, just a five minutes walk from… everything.

Getting to Dundee a couple of days before Freshers week, gave me an opportunity to check out my new home. Since my flat didn’t have anything for daily use, I went to the Overgate Mall which had everything I needed (pillows, blankets, towels, bed sheets etc. When I first started packing for my stay here, I realized that my packing-list was waaay to optimistic. The only things I could afford to bring, was (some of) my clothing. My best investment so far must therefore have been the big Giveaway at campus, where I was able to find a lot of essentials for my flat. All though, I must say that a little walk down the river side in sunny weather was a good investment, as well.

thumbnail_20160904_144144

thumbnail_20160904_124708          thumbnail_Screenshot_2016-09-04-19-19-52

Sorry for the cameraphone-quality on the images. I’ll try to use my digital-camera next week!

I’m really looking forward to my stay here, and I can’t wait to meet the rest of my flatmates, and other future-mates!

So long!

My name is Ine, and I am a 22 year old girl from Norway. For my fifth year as a law student, I will be participating at the LLM program in International Criminal Justice & Human Rights at the University of Dundee.