Welcome to another blog post!
I decided to mix up the blog post today and I thought I would share a recipe that I use to create one of my special treats. Now, I am not much of a baker nor do I consider myself to be any kind of cook. However, I do thoroughly enjoy making this recipe (even more so eating it) and I thought I would share it with you.
200g digestive biscuits
600g soft cheese
75g melted butter
3 medium eggs
50g plain flour
150g natural yogurt
250g golden caster sugar
2 finely grated zest lemons
Juice from 1 lemon
Raspberry and Lemon Cheesecake
- Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas and line the base of a 20cm round tin with grease proof paper.
- Crush the biscuits in a food bag using a rolling pin and tip into a bowl with the melted butter and mix well.
- Push the biscuits into an even layer into the base of the cake tin and chill until needed.
- In a separate bowl use a whisk to beat the soft cheese with the sugar.
- Next beat in the yogurt then the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice and flour
- Fold through two thirds of the raspberries crushing them so they start to bleed into the mix
- Then tip the mix on top of the biscuit base and smooth over the top.
- Bake for 45 mins to an hour, then turn off the oven and leave the cake inside for another hour.
- Cool at room temperature and chill overnight.
- To serve, remove from tin, scatter with remaining raspberries and dust heavily with icing sugar.
I hope that it works well and that your newly created cheesecake is as good as it can be! If you have any questions just let me know!