It’s been a crazy few weeks with deadlines hitting me left, right and centre, and now revision for exams is taking over, but I managed to find some inspiration for a blog post that won’t just be me banging on about how difficult this time of year is at uni!
It’s always good to take regular breaks from coursework or revision, and today I found myself on YouTube on one of my breaks, probably one of my favourite ways to relax! I watched this video by one of my favourite YouTubers, which, first of all, was so inspirational. Hannah is currently doing a series called ‘Surgery to 5k’ in which she documents her journey from having two surgeries earlier this year to hopefully running 5k before the end of 2018. It’ll be fantastic if she reaches this goal, and she’s truly an inspiration not only for this mediocre blog post but for anyone out there to create goals for themselves that maybe at one point they thought they could never reach!
She mentioned this blog post which I read immediately after watching the video. In it, she talks about what I mentioned above and sets herself some other goals to achieve before the end of 2018, and labels it #2018HomeStretch. I thought this was such a good idea as we’re all suckers for New Years’ Resolutions but I for one never stick to them, so I’m hoping finishing this semester will give me some motivation to reach some goals before the end of the year!
Here are my (very average) goals to reach before 2019:
- Go for a run at home – despite playing football I really hate running sometimes but I should run more often to keep my fitness up while I’m away from uni and not playing football!
- Cook a successful meal for my family – not really any explanation needed (it always goes wrong)
- See all my friends from home – we never all meet up because we’re based all over the UK but I’d love to see them all over the Christmas holiday!
- Get my Christmas shopping done with plenty of time to wrap presents – let’s just say I don’t always manage this
- Finish two books – I never read for pleasure at uni because we have to read so much for coursework but I’m hoping having time off will let me finish at least two books!
Despite my goals being no where near as amazing as Hannah’s, I hope this has inspired some of you to create your own goals for #2018HomeStretch and let’s all try our best to stick to them!