- Fold a square piece of paper into 8, as shown in the picture below.
2. Round off the edges so that the folded sides are the same length. (A = B)
3. Cut your design into the paper, and unfold it. (You could stop at this stage if you just want paper decorations.)
4. Attach the paper to a piece of cardboard, plastic or wood with masking tape, and cut around the design with scissors or a knife.
5. Decorate your snowflake with paint or any other materials. (TIP: test paint etc. on pieces that you’ve cut off the snowflake, to make sure it looks how you want it to look.)
6. Thread a needle, push it through a part of the snowflake, and tie the ends together.
Now you can hang it up on a Christmas tree, or even give it to someone as a gift.