I think it’s really important that we continue to look after ourselves during lockdown and isolation. So, I thought I would put together 5 small self care tips for you to practice perhaps every day or every other day that can help to keep you calm and positive during these tough times!
- Get fresh air! Obviously, if you’re in isolation due to Covid, you might not be able to leave your house, but even just opening a window can make a huge difference. When you’re stuck inside all day the air you breathe won’t be of the best quality, and you can end up taking really shallow breaths that won’t help your body feel fresh and ready to work. When you breathe in that fresh air really take it in and imagine it re-energising you!
- Try waking up earlier and going to sleep earlier, or just generally ‘sort out’ your sleeping pattern. Everyone has different sleeping habits, so I won’t even suggest the best way of doing this! But I think a lot of people have had various issues with their sleeping in lockdown for many different reasons, so if there is any way you can try to improve your sleep, I think it’s worth trying.
- Put time aside every day to do something you enjoy. Whether that’s reading, watching TV, singing, doing exercise, listening to music… the list goes on. If you can put aside half an hour or an hour a day to do the thing that brings you the most joy, you’ll feel the difference it makes to your well-being!
- Get dressed on a morning, even if that’s just putting comfy clothes on – don’t stay in your pyjamas! This is pretty self-explanatory but I promise you’ll feel so much better if you actually get dressed and ready to do work.
- Finally, don’t be hard on yourself, and treat yourself! If you’re feeling burnt out, have a day off. If you really want cake for your lunch, have it. If you want to buy yourself a little present, buy it. Maybe don’t do these things every single day, but if you’re really struggling you should remember you’re only human. We’re all missing out on so many things at the moment so treating yourself every once in a while isn’t a bad thing!
I hope these tips can help you practice a little more self-care in your everyday routine!