Whether I like to admit it or not, I tend to spend a lot of time binge-watching TV-series next to studying. Whether it be to off-load from heavy reading or procrastinate from my dissertation, I usually have a to-go-to program to watch, and these are the five I circle back to again and again.
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I know that the Gen-Z generation tends to shame this series for it homophobia and sexism, but growing up with this show I just can’t help but to love it. It’s easy-going, funny and it just hits me right in the emotions every time. Even though I might now every line by now, I still tend to watch this at least once pr year.
- How I Met Your Mother. Just as with Friends, HIMYM is just the best binge-watching series next to studying due to its light humour and great writing. I know Ted is a bit of a D-bag and (spoiler alert) no one likes the fact that the mom was just killed off just as we got to meet her, I still stand by my decision: this series is amazing.
- New Girl. I mean, come on, what is not to love? Quirky, awkward characters with messed up lives and life-choices that you immediately feel, maybe more so then you really should, connected to due to the very relatable content. There’s nothing better than a little bit of shame and awkwardness to forget your own misery and embracement from the last time you say something stupid out loud.
- Booklyn-99. To be honest, this is a new watch of mine, but if it includes Andy Sandberg there’s no doubt; I know I will enjoy it. A little bit of detective, but not so serious it can’t just be played in the background while doing some last minute essay proof reading.
- Glee. If you throw together high school drama and amazing music covers, I’ll be there. I don’t know what it is, its just one of my guilty pleasures. Just watch it, you’ll know what I mean.
That being said, some of my recent discoveries Ive watched (maybe also rewatched, don’t blame me) and loved are: Emily in Paris, The Good Place. Offload and You.