Uni is back and we’ve all moved in with our flatmates. I personally start to panic about meals, since my flat has agreed to all eat the same meal on most days. So, what are we eating? Who is shopping for it? Well, I figured it out!
We started getting things from Hello Fresh. It’s super easy, with lots of variety and most of all it is affordable (when you have promo codes, I’ll add mine at the end of this post🥳)
We have been having 3 meals delivered every week, for three weeks now, and I must say it has been so enjoyable. The ingredients are fresh and plenty, and there’s an instruction sheet provided for every meal. each sheet provides detailed pictures and step-by-step instructions of how to perfect the dishes. The only thing you need is a bit of music and a can-do attitude to create delicious lunch, dinner or dessert (or all three) for you and your special people.
So far I have made:
- Halloumi Burgers, 10/10
- Spicy Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta, 9/10
- Herby Chicken, 9/10
- Sweet and Sour Style Chicken, 8/10
- Fragrant Chicken Curry, 10/10
- BBQ Beef rags Rigatoni, 3/10
- BBQ Blazed Hot Dogs, 10/10
I have two more meals to make this week and I cannot wait! It honestly makes cooking so organised and enjoyable. As a person who gets very anxious about preparing food, it has been a saving grace for me. There are other services similar to HF, like Mindful Chef, Pasta Evangelists, All Plants and many more.
I have also tried out Graze, a snack delivery service that I am just obsessed with (promo code incoming!). You simply give them your snack preferences and they send you boxes every (other) week. You can always skip weeks or cancel your subscription (Life hack: when you cancel, they offer you 50% your next two boxes, take advantage of that😳). You get four different snacks in every box and you can even get tea from them too!
So far I’ve received snacks called:
- Coco Paradise, 9/10
- Smoky Barbecue Crunch, 8/10
- Pretzel & Peanut Chocolate Curiosities, 7/10
- Lemon & Poppyseed Cake (with an afternoon blend tea), 9/10
- Honeycomb Fibre Flapjack, 9/10
- Cocoa & Hazelnut Pretzel Dipper, 10/10
- Sweet Chilly Crunch, 8/10
- Coffee Walnut Cake (a mix of chocolate, dried fruit and walnuts!), 7/10
- Cocoa Orange Superfood Flapjack, 9/10
- Oatmeal and Cinnamon Cookies (w/ tea!), 9/10
- Lemon Almond Cookies (w/ tea!, these are the absolute best), 11/10
- Berry Burst Superfood Flapjack, 9/10
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Tart (a mix of chocolate, dried cherry and walnuts!), receiving the next four tomorrow, honestly cannot wait😊
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Flapjack
- White Chocolate Coconut Macaron (a mix of chocolate, dried coconut and pretzels)
- Salted Chocolate Crunch Creations
If you also want to give Hello Fresh or Graze a try, listen up!
HF: Get your first box free with the code (first come first serve!, valid until the end of 2021):
Get £46 off joining with my link here.
Graze: Get your first, fifth and tenth boxes free by clicking here!
I hope you get to explore new dishes, make new friends and bond over yummy meals, no matter if you choose a subscription box or not. Have fun!