As this year comes to an end, we all begin to wonder what the next year will look like. If you need a bit of inspiration on how your new year can look a little different than the last, look no further!
Here is my list of 2023 resolutions:
- Travel more. Whether it is internationally or within the UK, I want to make the most out of my free time and the student discounts!
- See my friends more often. I do not know about you, but this semester I barely got the chance to see my friends for one reason or another. My friends bring me a sense of calmness and safety which I really need to stay sane during the academic year.
- Try cocktails I have been putting off to try! It wouldn’t hurt to order anything other than vodka redbulls and daiquiris.
- Take more walks. Last year I really enjoyed strolling around aimlessly with my friends, but this year things kind of slowed down and we rarely enjoyed walking around the city and just having a chat.
- Trying out more Greek restaurants! I absolutely adore Greek cuisine and yet I always stick to going to the places I know I will definitely enjoy the food. Time to leave my comfort zone!
- Read more. Whether it is just the news or one of the dozens of books I bought but never read, I really want to get back to the habit of reading.
- Find the perfect hangout spot. My previous one, “Victoria Sponge” in Broughty Ferry closed its doors in September and I have since been left hangout spotless.
- Get rid of clothes and items I do not use. I recently started hoarding things that I have no use for, so in the new year I would really like to get the courage to donate/throw out/sell them.
- Research my postgraduate options! I have been putting this off for as long as possible and I think it is finally time I accept that I am graduating in 2024 and do something to get a general idea of where I am heading after uni.
- Live life to the fullest! I need to stop saying “no” and start saying “yes” to things that I want to do and yet don’t do because of fear or anxiety.
Hopefully these ideas help you figure out what you really want to change in the coming year!