• House Hunting 101

Now that a new semester has dawn on us, it is time to start hunting for houses / flats or whatever your accommodation preference would be. Living in student accommodation at heathfield , Blemont or West park does sound like a great life but it is time to move into a new place, your own […]

• DUBS x Prague

As I’ve mentioned in a few of my previous blog posts, there’s a lot more to university life than just studying and exams. University societies are a big part of this. Dundee University Business Society (DUBS) decided to start the new year with a bang and arranged the trip of a life time to the […]

• 3 Veggie Recipes

January is the time for working on new years resolutions – or at least putting in a decent attempt. Each year, more people try out a vegetarian diet as a healthy alternative to meat. It can be difficult to adjust at first, especially as a student, but hopefully, these three recipes for a starter, main […]

• Summarise your Life – The First Step to Achieving your New Year’s Resolution

It is the beginning of January. A time where a large percentage of the population have made new year’s resolutions; the start of a new beginning! So, as this season has landed on us, I just want to share a technique I developed on how to position yourself to achieve your goals and ambitions. (Scroll […]

• A personal letter to you – To a better 2018

Dear Exhausted Student, With the start of 2018 I’ve got all my resolutions listed out.  Let’s face it most of them will be on next year’s list, but this year the one thing I know I need to do is prioritise myself. As we inch back to the start of the second semester you might […]

• Organised Life, Organised Mind

Is there anything worse than a million things to do, no idea where to start and being so stressed with uni you just sit watching netflix and doing NONE of it! For me no, I am a bit of an organisational freak if I’m being honest and get so unmotivated when I have no idea […]

• Alpha ?

The whole of this semester I participated in and helped facilitate Alpha at my local Church, The Gate International. Alpha is a 10-week course designed for people who would like to know more about and experience the Christian faith. We covered topics from what is Faith to Jesus. It was quite a good way to […]

• IStructE Speech Competition: Women in STEM

On the 5th of November, I participated in an Institute of Structural Engineers Speech competition, where I spoke about Women in STEM. It was a great experience as I got to practice my speech giving skills and talk about my passion. Unfortunately, I did not win but I was able to meet lots of interesting […]

• The Civil Engineering Society take on Edinburgh

On the 18th of November 2017, the newly established Civil Engineering Society –which I co-founded –took a trip to the city of Edinburgh. We went to some of the city’s most popular pieces of architecture and engineering. One of the great things about this trip was the price and mobility. The student union, DUSA, have […]

• Dundee Bucket List: Food and Drink

The Braes: It is one of my favourite pubs in Dundee. It has a fun and lively atmosphere as well as being very student friendly. You can also book their space downstairs for events! I especially like Wednesdays, as chicken wings are 25p a piece.   Draffens: It is often called the ‘Secret Bar’ […]