• 23 Questions With Caitlin Wallace

I’ve just realised that I’ve never properly introduced myself to the blog! So, inspired by Vogue’s 73 Question Series (if you’ve not watched the one with Kim Kardashian yet, you need to get on it it’s a laugh a minute) I thought I would share 23 tidbits about me! What are studying at Dundee? I’m […]

• Northern Irish in Dundee!

Hi everyone, my name is Joanna and welcome to my first blog! It’s nearly the end of my second year studying Law at Dundee University, which is hard to believe! I came to Dundee for the first time almost two years ago, from a small town in Northern Ireland, mid-pandemic, not knowing what to expect […]

• Making the most of your summer holidays

Summer is approaching and I am getting exciting day by day. I have a countdown in my head for when I can catch my flight and see my family again! As a medical student, our summer holidays keep on getting shorter and shorter as we reach a more senior stage. In 1st year we usually […]

• The NC500 and other summer adventures

It’s slowly coming up to the end of the semester (or too quickly if you have an upcoming dissertation deadline), and while many will be heading home for the summer, many will also stay around and want to explore Scotland. Today, I bring you some of my best holiday adventures during my time in Dundee, […]

• How to survive exam season 101:

No one enjoys exam season, at least no one that I know. The weeks of stress and anxiety, sleep deprivation alongside constant questioning of ‘am I doing enough work?’, in the run up to the exam can be extremely overwhelming. This blog will not help you pass your exam, that’s not its purpose. But it […]

• Best revision resources for medical student

Over the years in medical school, I have come across various online revision tools to help with my exams. Most of our foundation knowledge stems from our university tutorials and lectures. However, I have come across various online platforms that helped me consolidate my knowledge and gave me better clarity about certain subjects. Here, I […]

• Eating out in Dundee – Heather Street Food

Dundee is becoming warmer day by day and is promising us with sunny days. I have been enjoying going out to Magdalen Garden and having extra-long walks around river Tay to get to Heather Street Food.  The infamous food truck located around the V&A had launched itself last summer where they received incredible feedback for […]

• Schengen visa

Living abroad has its perks of travelling around especially in different parts of Europe. Being an international student could mean that you might need a visa to get into some of the European countries. You might have come across ‘Schengen visa’ that basically allows access to about 26 countries that comprise within the Schengen-area. I […]

• My experience with being a mentor

Take a minute to think about the best mentor you’ve ever had. It could have been a colleague, a parent, your friend, a coach, or your high school teacher. You reach a point in your life where you have the chance to do the same for someone else. Now as senior in medical school, I […]