• 23 Questions With Caitlin Wallace

I’ve just realised that I’ve never properly introduced myself to the blog! So, inspired by Vogue’s 73 Question Series (if you’ve not watched the one with Kim Kardashian yet, you need to get on it it’s a laugh a minute) I thought I would share 23 tidbits about me! What are studying at Dundee? I’m […]

• Low dopamine mornings: a game CHANGER.

If you ask the majority of students, what is the first thing they do when they wake up in the morning? The answer usually tends to be to check their phone. Whether it is a quick scroll on social media, responding to texts, or checking your email to see what you missed while asleep. Unfortunately, […]

• Summer Placements – where to look? 

As soon as we enter the second and third years of our degrees in a four-year life science course, we are keen to be part of a lab and experience research first-hand. But to do that, it is essential to know where to look, and so in this blog; I will list a few places […]

• A fresh start

A new semester has begun, and with it, the campus is again busy with students. Seeing this bustle on campus after a slow winter hibernation is nice. And with this new semester, I am sure you must be enjoying some of the new modules and their lectures.Of course, some of us are certain about our […]

• All The Christmas Feels | Weeks 10+11

• The third-year leap         

From the day you join university, you will hear your seniors talk about the “third-year leap” – a phenomenon that will intrigue you! I found this phrase a little alluring, but as I complete the first semester of the third year, I dedicate this blog to discussing the leap for biological sciences. The jump from […]

• A treat for aspiring Plant Scientists!

Plant Science is a fascinating field that needs a little bit of lure at the university level, depending on the Professors you get! Thankfully, here at Dundee, we get excellent researchers from the James Hutton institute to help us explore the world of plant science. So, from potato to barley and the staple arabidopsis, a […]

• Tips for module representative  

We come across many modules throughout the year during our course. There are some that we genuinely enjoy and some that we would want to improve – either way, there is a way for you to get more involved in the feedback process of a module while still adding to your CV. So here are […]

• N&V and Lay summary?

As a life science student, it is essential to know the feeling of not knowing and then realise the pitfalls along a learning process for that same concept that was once alien. This very feeling will eventually aid in communicating the idea with greater efficiency.  Similarly, it also reflects to a varying degree of complexity […]

• Flu season – quick saviours

The past few weeks have been all about season change accompanied by the flu! So in this blog, I would like to share a few recipes that will go well with the flu and exam panic!!! Mint-honey tea Ingredients: Fresh mint leaves, lemon slices, ginger, honey, water, and tea leaves. Method: Wash 5-6 mint leaves and add […]

• My study playlist!

Since exam season is upon us, I have decided to share the top 20 songs that are in my study playlist. They all have a mostly calm chill vibe so it might be worth listening to a few and maybe adding them to your own playlist. Happy studying and best of results to all of […]