• 23 Questions With Caitlin Wallace

I’ve just realised that I’ve never properly introduced myself to the blog! So, inspired by Vogue’s 73 Question Series (if you’ve not watched the one with Kim Kardashian yet, you need to get on it it’s a laugh a minute) I thought I would share 23 tidbits about me! What are studying at Dundee? I’m […]

• Indian yellow lentil dal

Comfort food at it’s finest and yet filled with protein to make you feel good about it. The yellow split lentil packet at Lidl costing only about 70p, you can make an amazing healthy budget friendly dish. It can be soup or even curry with rice. All you need are 4 ingredients – yellow lentils, […]

• What I’m missing about Dundee

Since going back to my hometown for Christmas, I’ve been unable to return to Dundee because of lockdown restrictions. They say distance makes the heart grow fonder, and so I’ve come to realise what I’ve been missing most in the four months I’ve been away. The ArchitectureOf course, being an architecture student, I have a […]

• How it feels to be finishing uni

My time at the University of Dundee is unfortunately coming to an end, and it’s such a strange ending to my four years! I thought I’d make a little blog post to share some of my feelings about finishing uni, and hopefully others who are leaving this year will be able to relate. My last […]

• Life of a medical student: Obs and Gynae placement

Hello everyone! I am blogging about my clinical placements and what’s it like being at the hospital during covid times. I am in my obstetrics and gynaecology placement in Dundee. One of the most exciting part of my rotation were surgical theatre days. I had to wake up early and arrive at the ward for […]

• Mental Wellbeing in a Post Lockdown World

Many lockdowns later, we are starting to re-emerge from our slumber. Most of us will not be the same: and this can be a good thing. We now recognise the need more than ever, to take care of our mental health. For many, it did not take a global pandemic to trigger mental health problems […]

• The Truth behind Biomass “Green Energy”

If you are still reading my blogs, by now you know I am passionate about sustainability. It is a difficult subject to tackle because it is so vast, and it requires not only the actions of ourselves as individuals, but everyone; especially governments. The UN released the 17 sustainability goals back in 2015 to envision: […]

• How to choose the perfect student flat

Apartment hunting season has officially commenced!🥳 What that means is that you are all probably as stressed as I am. I know it can be tough so I am here to give you some (hopefully useful) tips! Look for HMO flats: Now this is something that I did not know existed in the UK when […]

• Decoupling Natural Resource Use and Environmental Impacts from Economic Growth

In the next series of my sustainability blogs, I am going to speak about the growth of countries’ economies while their use of resources is declining (‘decoupling’). We are currently using unsustainable amounts of the Earth’s natural resources. “Decoupling” involves allowing economies to grow without this being directly dependent on the quantity of resources used […]

• Advice for Aspiring Streamers