• 23 Questions With Caitlin Wallace

I’ve just realised that I’ve never properly introduced myself to the blog! So, inspired by Vogue’s 73 Question Series (if you’ve not watched the one with Kim Kardashian yet, you need to get on it it’s a laugh a minute) I thought I would share 23 tidbits about me! What are studying at Dundee? I’m […]

• Semester Abroad – Travelling

Completing a semester (or year) abroad provides some excellent opportunities to experience and travel a new country. I did a semester abroad during my second year to Trent University in Canada. Around my studies I was able to fit in a little bit of travelling. I’ve given a taste to some of the areas I […]

• A Few Tips for Your Dissertation

Reflecting on my own Dissertation progress, having now handed it in, there are certain parts of the experience I could have done better on to have relieved some stress. Equally, there are certain rules that I tried to stick to that definitely helped make the process of writing my dissertation much easier. I have tried […]

• Resitting a Year – Semester 2

It’s safe to say that this semester has been very different to every other, as (at least on my course), there was no in-person teaching or working at all. Also, I personally was unable to travel to Scotland for 5 months. This meant that I didn’t visit the site for our project until four days […]

• Year 1 recap and wishes for the next year

I cannot believe that, as I’m writing this, I have (hopefully) finished my first year of university! Time just flew by so fast, I feel like I had no chance to realise what was happening around me. Quarantine definitely had an impact on my life as a student, but Dundee still managed to soften the […]

• Tips for Managing a Budget at University

Firstly, this is by no means an extensive list of tips for managing a budget while at University. There are tons of resources, and I am sure from people with much more expertise than myself, out there on how to manage money effectively and advice on creating budgets. However, these are some tips that I […]

• Part Time Jobs While at University

Working a part time job while at University can be difficult. It obviously helps if it is a job you enjoy. During my third year, I worked as a waitress at a hotel restaurant, which I loved. I worked mostly breakfast shifts, starting anywhere between 6 – 8:30am and finishing around midday. These were hours […]

• A Walk up Dundee Law

This time last year, after being in lockdown and barely going outside for months, I decided I wanted to do something active for a change. One of the places that I’d never been, even though I’d been in Dundee for 3 years, was the Law, which seemed crazy as it’s such a noticeable and important […]

• Some of my Favourite Classes Through the Years

Nearing the finish line of my degree in Environmental Science and Geography, I have reflected on some of my favourite classes through the years. The first two years of modules largely were designed to introduce you to lots of different topics. Overall, I found this somewhat useful as I was introduced to subjects that I […]